Surface preperation is the most important aspect to achieving the desired results for a professional painting project. However, the preparation phase is the most labor intensive, and many times contractors are tempted to take shortcuts.
But not at Aaron Lakins Home Decorators!
The Aaron Lakins Home Decorators team are craftsmen who are proud of the work they perform. To achieve the level of quality they demand of themselves, proper surface preparation is never taken lightly, or shortcuts taken.
- Power Wash to remove excessive dirt and/or peeling paint, when needed.
- Replace any rotted wood and prime all sides of the new wood, so the newly replaced wood is properly sealed.
- Scrape and sand any peeling paint for a smooth surface and proper adhesion of top coat.
- Prime any bare wood to properly seal the wood.
- Caulk any necessary openings to seal out moisture.
- Apply two coats of paint and /or stain to assure the highest durability, best look and longevity.
- Thoroughly cleanup and Critique the project to assure the highest customer satisfaction.
These are very important steps to our process. Sure, this detailed process may be more costly, but down the line, when paint and/or stain performance depends on proper surface preparation—it will be money well invested in your home.
Selecting the Proper Products for your Home
We will also determine which product to use on the surface. Pine and other smooth surfaces needs to have a paint application, which properly seals a solid wood. Cedar needs to have a stain application, which penetrates into a soft wood. When the wrong product is used on a surface, you can almost assure, your application will fail over time.
Just as important, Aaron Lakins Home Decorators understands that we are guests on your property and in your home. We treat your property and furnishings with respect and care.
Aaron Lakins Home Decorators will always recommend Benjamin Moore, Maxum and Cabots Paints and Stains for the exterior of your home. We have found that Benjamin Moore, Maxum and Cabots will give the exterior of your home a superior finish for appearance, durability and longevity.
If you have another paint company preference, we’ll be happy to discuss this with you.